Friday, December 3, 2010

Silent Steps...


A Labyrinth is a designed pattern that resembles a meditative maze. In class we went to the Labyrinth at Emory University and it was affected more by it then I thought I would be. When I began to walk into the maze I was not really sure what I wanted to gain from it. Before I began the maze I thought of weather I wanted to go in asking questions, answers, for forgiveness, or strength. Once I took my first step I immediately felt my mind open up to not ask but to receive.
At the time when I experienced this I was in a mental battle for strength to acknowledge and embrace all of the change that is about to happen in my life. In addition, I was also in the process if choreographing my first professional piece to be debuted in a concert and I was having trouble finding a title. As I took my first steps I kept repeating in a chanting sort of way in my head "strength for change, wisdom for change, & love for those who embrace change in my life". About half way though the maze, before I reached the center, I began to transition my thoughts to my piece and the content behind the movement. Immediately I thought about love, strength, and those who take it for granted. I began to hear myself say "Loving whole heartedly to those who do not understand and appreciate you can leave you empty." Once I got to the middle I just stood with my eyes clothes and empty thoughts and it felt like a moment of enlightenment hit me and I felt the words "Hole- Hearted"......And that was the moment that summed up all of my thoughts that left me full acceptance for the change that is yet to come and will challenge all the strength that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment